Who we are - and our statement of testimony
To churches seeking to join with us, we want to thank you for your interest. To become a supporting church together with OneChurch, we feel that it is important that we maintain a unified Christian testimony of who we are, and what we value. We desire to carry a clear testimony of belief and ministry of love in action to those on the margins of our culture. The Christian community is long over due to put aside minor differences in practice and worship style.
It is also time that we learn how graciously stand for the truths of scripture, in a spirit of gentleness and blessing. To that end we simply ask those churches who desire to be a part of OneChurch and our OneChurch-One Family ministry to stand with us in some of the historic principles and teachings of Scripture.
Clearly we want to be inclusive, and work with anyone provided they share our vision and our values regardless of race, age, gender, or church background. We seek to build unity and enjoy diversity. We also know that it is no mystery to any of us, that we have some moral and social issues that are dividing our Christian culture as well as the secular culture of our nation.
While it is not our primary mission, we feel it is important for our supporting churches to stand with us on the moral issues of our day, which would include protecting the unborn, protecting the elderly, and the clear teaching of scripture that the marriage relationship is between one man and one woman as outlined in Genesis Chapter 2
Below is a simple summary statement of belief and values that we ask our member churches to stand with us on as a unified testimony to our community. If you share these beliefs and values we welcome you to join with us as part of the ministry of OneChurch – One Family.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the salvation of lost and sinful people is by the grace of God through faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ.
- We believe biblical marriage is sacred, and sexual expression is to be between one man and one woman in the bonds of marriage.
- We believe in the sanctity of human life, that life begins at conception and that every life is sacred and created by God.
Partnership with area Churches – Who We Are
One Church is an association of area churches desiring to walk in the strong name of Jesus Christ. It is our desire to minister to the social and spiritual needs of our community by bringing the love and power of Christ into the various sectors of our culture. We also believe there are some things we can do better together than we can separately, and there is value in a unified testimony.
Those churches and individuals who stand together with us as “One Church” in Kitsap County agree together that we:
- Greatly desire to seek the favor of God and bringing His Blessing to our community.
- Desire to protect and minister to the children and individuals of our community needing extra help and support, including the unborn and elderly
- Desire to bring healing, ministry and support to families and encourage healthy marriages as described in Genesis Chapter 2 in the Bible
- Agree with the historical beliefs of Christianity as described in our section above
In John 17, Jesus prays that we will be one, and we are inviting that oneness by encouraging Christian churches to pull together providing a clear Christian voice and ministry into the various spheres of our community.
Regional Partnerships - Our Mission
It is our desire to bring the favor and blessing of the Lord to all areas of our community. To that end we welcome partnerships with many other groups and people, be they civic, governmental or non-governmental agencies, who are neither Christian nor Non-Christian, who would not consider themselves part of OneChurch, but cooperate together to help the people and families of our community.